Adult counseling and behavioral health services at The Meadows Psychiatric Center located in Centre Hall, Pennsylvania, provides mental health treatment and acute psychiatric services in an interactive environment for individuals 18 years of age or older.
The goal of our adult inpatient program is to stabilize acute symptoms and enhance patient strengths and coping skills. Patients are actively engaged in treatment through therapeutic and educational groups and individual interactions with clinical staff.
A supportive, therapeutic environment is provided to assist patients in dealing with stressors and returning to the community.
Our adult behavioral health services offer the capability to assess, educate and refer patients who also have chemical abuse or dependency issues to providers who can address substance use disorders while we assess the root behavioral health causes that led to substance abuse. Substance use can often be accompanied by a mental health disorder, creating a need for dual diagnosis health care services.
In addition to the features above, this program also includes:
- Individualized treatment plans
- Adult inpatient mental health programs are designed for each patient and their needs based on assessment
- Therapeutic and educational groups
- Group therapy can be beneficial, as it shows patients that they are not alone in addition to the therapeutic services offered
- Pharmacotherapy when indicated
- Occasionally, patients in adult acute inpatient facilities require medical treatment in addition to therapies, and we are prepared to assist when necessary
- Active involvement with family or significant others
- Family is an important aspect of long-term recovery, and we make sure that they are involved in the recovery process when possible
- Active individual participation in discharge planning
- Recovery does not end once you leave the facility, and our discharge planning helps set patients up for success after treatment
- Coordination of care with referral sources, aftercare providers and community supports to continue the process of recovery
- Recovery has multiple phases, and we know what it takes to help our patients on the journey to a healthy and happy life
All programs led by our multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, therapists and other clinicians include the following:
- 24-hour supervision by licensed nurses and physicians
- Mental health issues can be challenging, and our staff is prepared to face whatever arises
- Comprehensive initial assessment and evaluation of emotional, intellectual, social and physical needs
- Every patient is unique, and our treatment programs take that into account through comprehensive assessments
- Strength-based approach during assessment and treatment
- Mental health for adults is important, and that means that we work on strengths to help target issues and work towards evidence-based results
- Individual, group and family therapy services
- Recovery is about treating more than just the symptoms, and our acute mental health services include multiple types of therapy